If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Internal MOH

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
msutton

Internal MOH

Post by msutton »

Allow MP3's to be stored on the internal hardrive of the allworx. And used to play the music on hold without another appliance hanging off of it.
justingoldberg

Re: Internal MOH

Post by justingoldberg »

I believe that's being planned for 7.4 or 7.5
dan_thrutech

Post by dan_thrutech »

It's in the current release, 7.4.65, although I haven't got it working yet with the default .snd file. I am also looking for a free format converter. Audacity doesn't seem to support the .snd format out of the box.
liftow

Post by liftow »

I used Audacity to convert an MP3 into the correct format needed by the AllWorx MOH and it worked first time (I surprised myself on that one!) I'll dig up the steps I took and post back here.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Currently running v7.4.10.5 on a 6x.
These were the steps I used to create the snd file from a MP3:
- Opened in Audacity
- Changed Project Rate (bottom left) to 8000 Hz
- File > Export
- Save as type: Other uncompressed files
- Click Options, change Header to RAW (header-less), Encoding to U-Law
- Save with .snd file name as per AllWorx documentation
- Follow documentation to upload to AllWorx system via FTP
liftow

Post by liftow »

I was getting complaints of the MOH file I had uploaded being too loud. Exported from Allworx and grabbed the snd file from FTP. Couldn't open the file in Audacity - had to Import Raw Data:

In Audacity, File > Import > RAW Data...
Adjust the Encoding and Sample Rate as per below
Encoding: U-Law
Byte order: (I left as it was which was Little-endian) note that a VM greeting created by the Allworx had this as Big-endian.
Channels: 1 Channel (Mono)
Sample Rate: 8000 Hz

I then used the Amplify Effect to reduce the loudness and Export again as per previous post.
Allworx6xCT

Post by Allworx6xCT »

liftow wrote:I was getting complaints of the MOH file I had uploaded being too loud. Exported from Allworx and grabbed the snd file from FTP. Couldn't open the file in Audacity - had to Import Raw Data:

In Audacity, File > Import > RAW Data...
Adjust the Encoding and Sample Rate as per below
Encoding: U-Law
Byte order: (I left as it was which was Little-endian) note that a VM greeting created by the Allworx had this as Big-endian.
Channels: 1 Channel (Mono)
Sample Rate: 8000 Hz

I then used the Amplify Effect to reduce the loudness and Export again as per previous post.
Thanks for posting this! It helped me get some custom music on hold working.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536