If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

My first few thoughts

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
doom1701

My first few thoughts

Post by doom1701 »

We've been live for a week now, and just brought 7 remote branches online last night. Figured I'd throw some of my desired enhancements out here and see what people thought.

1. If calling an internal extension, and that person is on another line, show something on the caller's phone to indicate it. Not everyone can have a massive button bank with BLFs for every extension.
2. Enhance the "Info" button, especially for buttons mapped to call park orbits. Show the orbit programmed into the button, as well as (if there is a call parked there) the caller info and who parked the call. Since we're moving from having individual systems at each branch to having a couple of centralized 48X's, I've got users freaking out that, if they park a call, some other branch (that they don't trust, although they don't come out and say that) will pick up the call.
3. Web interface to setup personal speed dials (not the phone web interface, though--tough to get to and the user needs to know the phone administration password). More than 10 personal speed dials would be a bonus, too.
4. Let me dial someone's extension from the Directory web page.
5. Ability to assign a PFK to directly set a presence.
6. Some sort of mass update utility in the Administration site. We changed our button layout after setting up all of our phones initially, and we had to go into every single handset and re-apply the template. In fact, from an administration standpoint, this has probably been our biggest complaint. Setting up every extension is a one at a time process. Making changes is a one at a time process. I'd love to have a CSV upload option for some of these screens.

I've got users complaining about other things, such as the caller ID for outside numbers displaying a leading 9, but they'll adjust. There are plenty of things that are different--not better or worse, just different--and they need to learn and adjust.
justingoldberg

Re: My first few thoughts

Post by justingoldberg »

The Call Assistant app shows you who's busy.

It would be so nice to have it shown on the screen though :D

That's how every other, traditional or "real" pbx works.
doom1701

Post by doom1701 »

I had a user--someone who has been with the company for at least 6 years--call the helpdesk last week because he couldn't log in. He had been on vacation for a week, and had forgotten...no, you're giving him too much credit...his username. He was trying to log into our domain using his Gmail ID.

Call Assistant is a decent package, but WAY beyond the understanding of some of my users.
bkrauth

Post by bkrauth »

doom1701 wrote:1. If calling an internal extension, and that person is on another line, show something on the caller's phone to indicate it. Not everyone can have a massive button bank with BLFs for every extension.
This is by far the largest issue I see with the entire system. It's a ludicrous problem that I can't find a solution for. People need to be able to know if the person they calling/intercoming are already on the phone somehow.
Neurobit

Post by Neurobit »

doom1701 wrote:
1. If calling an internal extension, and that person is on another line, show something on the caller's phone to indicate it. Not everyone can have a massive button bank with BLFs for every extension.

3. Web interface to setup personal speed dials (not the phone web interface, though--tough to get to and the user needs to know the phone administration password). More than 10 personal speed dials would be a bonus, too.

6. Some sort of mass update utility in the Administration site. We changed our button layout after setting up all of our phones initially, and we had to go into every single handset and re-apply the template. In fact, from an administration standpoint, this has probably been our biggest complaint. Setting up every extension is a one at a time process. Making changes is a one at a time process. I'd love to have a CSV upload option for some of these screens.

7. I've got users complaining about other things, such as the caller ID for outside numbers displaying a leading 9
These are all fixes we'd like to see as well ^^^
doom1701

Post by doom1701 »

doom1701 wrote:We've been live for a week now, and just brought 7 remote branches online last night. Figured I'd throw some of my desired enhancements out here and see what people thought.

2. Enhance the "Info" button, especially for buttons mapped to call park orbits. Show the orbit programmed into the button, as well as (if there is a call parked there) the caller info and who parked the call. Since we're moving from having individual systems at each branch to having a couple of centralized 48X's, I've got users freaking out that, if they park a call, some other branch (that they don't trust, although they don't come out and say that) will pick up the call.
4. Let me dial someone's extension from the Directory web page.
5. Ability to assign a PFK to directly set a presence.

I've got users complaining about other things, such as the caller ID for outside numbers displaying a leading 9, but they'll adjust. There are plenty of things that are different--not better or worse, just different--and they need to learn and adjust.
Ancient thread bump...I had a meeting with the VP of R&D for Allworx on Monday. I plan to push for #1, 3, and 4 (I'm continually surprised that they actually introduced a solution for #2). If anyone has any other burning needs, (and someone actually sees this thread before Monday), post them here.