If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Call routing by schedule/Hot Desk appearances

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
JDCJ

Call routing by schedule/Hot Desk appearances

Post by JDCJ »

I would like to be able to change call routing and/or change auto attendant based upon a schedule. Right now, you can only change greetings based on schedule. A user will sometimes want calls to an extension (say, the main office number) routed to a receptionist handset during certain hours and another handest only during certain off hours.

Also - would like to allow a hot desked phone to ring and receive all call appearances that a user's regular phone does. This is useful where a user has multiple call appearances on a phone, but wants to move to another station/place for a while but still needs to be able to answer the different appearances. Currently, hotdesking only applies to calls to a specific extension. Forwarding calls from a phone does work for this, bu tit must be planned ahead of time without the flexibility that hot desk gives you. If calls to an extension could be routed to other/multiple extensions instead of just handsets, that would help also.
doom1701

Re: Call routing by schedule/Hot Desk appearances

Post by doom1701 »

I'm not the one that setup our schedules, so I could be wrong...but I believe the first thing you mentioned is already possible. We have plenty of extensions with routing rules that are schedule based. During the day, our customer service groups will typically ring 8 times to all phones and then transfer to a cell phone, but at night they ring the extensions 4 times and then go to a general voicemail box.

For your second item, I can see where you are coming from, but I don't know if it would be possible. As you pointed out, Hotdesking is extension based, while multiple call appearances are handset based.
JDCJ

Post by JDCJ »

Thanks doom1701. You are definitely right, at least in part. You can have different routes based on day/night mode, but you are limited to those two. There is no control based upon the schedule you set, which can be set under Business=>Schedules. The schedule can be very detailed and can control day/night modes as well as auto attendant greeting. So you can have two different routings for day / night (which we use). Just not the 4 (or 12 for that matter) different routings that I would like to be able to assign based upon the detailed schedule.

You have made me think though. Perhaps I could Frankenstein something together with multiple extensions and day/night modes to get what I am looking to do.
altf4osu

Post by altf4osu »

Question 1 is exactly what I'm looking for an answer for. We have a remote office operating with 8 phones that are set up with a call monitor for those phones to all ring. We're looking for a solution to make that group be able to adapt and change (actually would be helpful for our main offices too) depending on who is on floor duty for the night to be able to choose using a set PFK key or presence setting to adjust who the call is going to.

Overall, I'd like to have more options with the presence settings. So... call monitor group is set up, 8 phones. I need to be able to make the call monitor at night, depending on who is going to be answering, push a button on a remote phone and tell all calls coming in on that call monitor line to instead go directly to a cell phone instead.

Any ideas?
JDCJ

Post by JDCJ »

@altf4osu: If you just need one route for days and one route for night (as opposed to a more complicated schedule), you could handle that with a day/night mode schedule. An extension can be programmed with one route for "day" mode and a different one for "night" mode. Each route can connect to a different monitor number, call queue, or external (e.g., cell phone) route.
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

Hi All:

You can also nest and stack multiple schedules concurrently. I've only ever been able to get a 4-extension deep route working properly but in this case you could have a 4-extension-deep extension route and each extension being controlled by an independent schedule, giving you 8 potential route options for a single call path.

You would need to have your firmware updated to the latest version of 7.3, or later.
ddenoff

Post by ddenoff »

I'm running 7.2 which SHOULD have the option to enable extension routing in day/night mode, but there IS no checkbox to do that in the Modify Extensions pages. The 7.2 admin guide says this is possible.