If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Assigning BLF to Extension

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
dabbith

Assigning BLF to Extension

Post by dabbith »

It would be really great to be able to assign a BLF key to an Extension rather than a handset. We have a few users who have 2 handsets (home and office) and would love a way to know if the user/extension was busy instead of just one of the handset without using extra PFKs.
liftow

Re: Assigning BLF to Extension

Post by liftow »

+1
I agree. Would it matter if the BLF was assigned to and Extension vs a User? Would that make any difference? I guess they are the same thing.
Many of our users will have AllWorx IP sets in the office, and may also have a Generic SIP client on their PC or iPhone. I don't think BLF's work for Generic SIP clients, but I haven't tested this fully yet. Would want those included.
I don't care what an end users is on the phone with, I just want to know if they are on the phone.
liftow

Post by liftow »

justingoldberg wrote:blfs do work with sip.
Can you clarify? Or perhaps my explanation wasn't clear.
I go to modify my PFK's, select BLF, but I can't then select a Generic SIP handset - only Allworx IP sets.
I can do a Speed Dial PFK to a users extension - but that doesn't tell me if they are on the phone.
In Call Assistant when a user is on the phone on a Generic SIP device it doesn't turn Red like it does for an Allworx IP set.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

Sorry, I was thinking about BLFs for analog handsets, these are supported.