If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Paging to remote site phones and horn

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
liftow

Paging to remote site phones and horn

Post by liftow »

We have a single centralized AllWorx system. Branch sites (~10 IP sets each) will connect over WAN with no system at their location. I can setup the IP sets in paging groups, but that's it - no generic SIP devices.
I purchased an ALGO 8180 and registered as a generic SIP handset with an extension. This is for the shop area at the branches.
Now we can either page all the phones at a location, or the shop by dialing the ALGO ext, but not both at the same time.
Works, but not ideal.
Would like a way to include other SIP devices in the paging group somehow.
Realize this would be very dependent on the generic SIP device - don't expect it to work with softphones or anything like that.
liftow

Re: Paging to remote site phones and horn

Post by liftow »

Could I take apart a 9202E and hookup the speaker wire to a traditional amp/horn? Anyone done this successfully?

Maybe AllWorx could create something similar to the Algo 8180 for this purpose? Might not be a big market for it I guess...
Fibersplicer

Post by Fibersplicer »

I have opened 9204's and 9212 and attached an external horn via Viking M2W in a printing company and a bakery. They both work great for paging.
sweaver@electsys.biz

Post by sweaver@electsys.biz »

How did u get remote allworx phones to receive an all page?