If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

No need to dial 1

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
liftow

No need to dial 1

Post by liftow »

I'm using a SIP service for all outgoing calls. It doesn't care whether it gets a 1 in front of the area code or not. I would like to configure the Allworx system to accept either inputs as well for all North American area codes.
I have accomplished this for the areas we do business in by adding each Area Code into the External Dialing Rules. So now the call will go through to any of these area codes whether the user enters 1 or not. Did this for all the toll free area codes as well. So now I have over 30 entries in there. If I want the rest of NA that would be a lot of manual entries...

It appears that this could be accomplished if the "all others" entry could be modified to include 9+aaa-xxx-nnnn along with 9+1+aaa-xxx-nnnn.

Interestingly I don't think the dialing plans affect Generic SIP handsets like softphones - only the Allworx IP phones.
Last edited by liftow on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bkrauth

Re: No need to dial 1

Post by bkrauth »

My office would very much like this option as well.
Neurobit

Re: No need to dial 1

Post by Neurobit »

Ditto. This would be great.