If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

SIP Proxy Registration Expiry Setting

Unofficial Allworx enhancement requests.
liftow

SIP Proxy Registration Expiry Setting

Post by liftow »

Would like an option to manually set the time that the Allworx server will re-register with a SIP Provider.

According to Allworx this time should be sent back by the SIP Provider when registering. If no time is sent 60 minutes is assumed by the Allworx server.
In 2 of 3 cases this works fine for me.
Unlimitel.ca sends back a registration time of 5 minutes
Primus.ca sends back a registration time of 1 minute

voip.ms doesn't send back a registration time so 60 minutes is assumed by the Allworx.
Problem is, voip.ms wants the connecting PBX to set the time to 20 minutes as that is what is assumed on their end.
So after 20 minutes, the SIP Proxy usually disconnects for the next 40 minutes until the Allworx registers again.

Every other device I've worked with allows this registration time to be set.
Would be nice if it was an advanced option on the Allworx.
mgalarza@empacad.org

Re: SIP Proxy Registration Expiry Setting

Post by mgalarza@empacad.org »

We are having the same issue here!
Also using Voip.MS and the expiration is killing us!
Why hasn't this been considered?
I can't imagine it is that hard to code this feature in.
Want me to do it?
Thanks,
Michael
mgalarza@empacad.org

Post by mgalarza@empacad.org »

Is anyone from Allworx even monitoring these posts?
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

mgalarza@empacad.org wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:22 pm Is anyone from Allworx even monitoring these posts?
No, this is forum has nothing officially to do with Allworx corporate operations. To address the problem, I would put pressure on VOIP.MS since every other SIP vendor I know does indeed set the timer. Maybe that is the standard? Maybe that is why Allworx has not made this adjustable? If they did and the standard is for the SIP vendor (the SIP Proxy itself) to control this, then setting it on the PBX would be moot, no? On the other hand, this is not the only low-level setting I have found myself wanting to control from the Allworx itself.
To reiterate, VOIP.MS most certainly ought to have the capability to set this on the back end and ought to be able to set it individually for your account/SIP trunk. It will probably mean trying many times until you get to the person who can do it.
I thank you both for confirming this. I have considered using VOIP.MS for Allworx but this makes me hesitate until I know this isn't a problem.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

:oops: Here's another reason not to use VOIP.MS with Allworx. VOIP.MS has been down since Friday because of a DDoS DNS attack. Their website and SIP proxies have been effectively unavailable since then. I have read that you can use the IP addresses instead but I haven't had any success with that.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

Current problems aside, VOIP.MS is one of the few providers that have a fix for this issue. Go to account settings and under the Advanced tab there is a setting for Max Expiry. The default is 3600 but for my Allworx systems I set this to 240. If you are using multiple systems this setting is also available in the Sub Account settings. Next to Advanced Option there is a "Click Here to Display" link.