If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx phone stays on Registering

Configuration help for Internet Telephone Service Providers.
compdoc7771

Allworx phone stays on Registering

Post by compdoc7771 »

Allworx IP phone stays on Registering after power failure or unplugged only will come back up online after a certain time. Once a factory reset on the phone after this certain time it will come up and work correctly. Same time every power failure or Allworx box reset. All other 100 phones come up fine with the exception of these two phone which are receptionist phones.

Also where does the phone pull the time? Would this be set in the Allworx server PC or Allworx box?
kellenw

Re: Allworx phone stays on Registering

Post by kellenw »

Regarding the time server, if you don't set a time and date server in the phone settings it will default to the phone server. In other words, in most cases you don't need to put anything in there for time server.

Regarding the finicky phone, I've encountered a few like that over the years that did the same thing. I'd try various things to attempt to fix them but rarely did it help. Sometimes simply setting a static IP up on it would fix the problem. Most times, I'd just give up eventually and swap out the phone. Eventually, it becomes cheaper to replace the phone than to spend more of my time trying to fix it.