If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

SonicWALL and ITSP

Configuration help for Internet Telephone Service Providers.
dslee

SonicWALL and ITSP

Post by dslee »

Hi all,

Looks like a new forum!

I'm having registration issues with a 6x behind a TZ180.

Any general advice?

Cheers,

David
---
Cheers,

David
itcoresys

Re: SonicWALL and ITSP

Post by itcoresys »

1) Use the proper port forwards on the Sonicwall. udp 15000-15511, udp 2088, udp 5060, tcp 8081.
2) Make sure the remote phone's private network is no the same subnet as the allworx 6x server. (ie if the remote phone is 192.168.2.50 and the allworx is 192.168.2.10, either the allworx network or the remote phone network needs to be renumbered).
3) Make sure none of the Sonicwall's SIP transformations are turned on. The consistent NAT setting on the Sonicwall shouldnt be necessary either.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

I'm having a similar problem with a multi-site setup. The remote site is setup in lan host mode, and a sonicwall is the vpn tunnel to the other sites. We're getting one-way audio when site b calls site a, but not the other way around.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

put the Allworx on a public IP.

The allworx is secure, and ignores all unauthorized traffic. Only issue I've seen with allworx as edge device is port 25 getting slammed by spammers, in which case, change that port. (newer allworx software only uses port 25 for mobile link app and port can be changed for that)