If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Capturing event log data

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
doom1701

Capturing event log data

Post by doom1701 »

What's the best method for capturing event data from a 48X? We had a system go down a couple of weeks ago; it was locking up every 15 minutes to 4 hours (no pattern to the time). When we restart it, the event log is gone. I happened to be telneted into it at one lockup and saw disk write errors, but had I not been connected at just the right time, we never would have known for sure what was going on. There's tons of good detail that rolls across a telnet session, and it seems a shame to lose that information because I'm not connected and something needs to be restarted.

We're currently playing with the Syslog service built into our monitoring package and having the 48X send Syslog information, but nothing is winding up on the Syslog server. Not sure if we're doing something wrong, or if we're expecting it to transmit information that the Syslog export doesn't actually transmit.
doom1701

Re: Capturing event log data

Post by doom1701 »

We did finally get syslog information flowing; no real idea what was wrong initially but after some trial and error it's working now.
bss

Re: Capturing event log data

Post by bss »

Are you getting terminal (telnet) messages via syslog that don't normally show up on the system events page, or is this mainly to ensure capture of those system events entries that might otherwise get pushed off the system events log as it rolls over or is lost by a restart, etc?