If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Android drops Reach network

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
Demi645

Android drops Reach network

Post by Demi645 »

You guys/gals have helped me before which I'm very grateful for. I'm back with yet another issue which I doubt can be fixed but here goes....

We have an allworx 6x server with the default Reach license that it provides.

We have been able to get the Android device connected to the WAN network fine. The only issue...

The allworx Reach device is dialed (meaning someone calls their office line which redirects to the device). If the reach app is not open on that phone, the reach app drops the connection to the WAN network and no notification on the Android shows that it is ringing. Yet if we leave the app opened, it works fine and the call goes through, both WAN and LAN. App opened meaning just seeing it on screen. When you click the home it is still connected to the network up until it gets a call, unless you have it opened of course.

I have allowed and set the app as priority for permissions. It works fine on my Android phone but not on this person's Android device.

I know it's more of an Android question but I figured I would start here before I ask elsewhere.

Thanks
Allworx6xCT

Re: Android drops Reach network

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Sounds to me like the person may have an app that kills apps from memory when the home button is pressed. Or it could be some aggressive memory management/lack of ram on the phone itself. I have run the app on a range of Samsung android devices without issues. Well, not your issue anyway...packet loss is another matter however.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536