If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

login to 6x without known IP

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
rubberman

login to 6x without known IP

Post by rubberman »

long story short. we had 8 allworx 6x systems in our buildings before we had a company remove them and install another voip system. we are planning on selling these allworx 6x systems but i need to some how get in to each one and reset them. I have no idea how to log in. i don't know the previous IPs for each unit. I have set one in to safe mode and tried 192.168.2.254:8080 and that doesn't work. any thoughts on this? thanks in advance
sp90378

Re: login to 6x without known IP

Post by sp90378 »

If it is in safemode then it can only be 192.168.2.254 if you are plugged directly into their LAN port. It will do DHCP on that network as well. So if you are plugged directly into it then it is either not in safemode or a PC issue or the server is shot.
kellenw

Re: login to 6x without known IP

Post by kellenw »

sp90378 already mentioned the best way to reach an Allworx box with an unknown IP, but an alternative way is to use a network scanner like Advanced IP Scanner, which is a really handy free utility app (http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com). You can scan a range of subnets to discover all devices on them with their corresponding IP addresses. I use this frequently for all kinds of troubleshooting on the networks I support.