If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Phones are not indicating new message arrived

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
leetrans

Phones are not indicating new message arrived

Post by leetrans »

I am having a strange issue. My phones are all of sudden not indicating that a new voicemail message has been received. It will show missed calls and I can see and listen to the voicemails when accessing the voicemail center, but it just won't indicate there is a new message like it has in the past. Nothing has changed with our system. I rebooted and still not working. The system has locked up twice in the past 6 months and I had to force reboot it, but it still works great. I will probably end up replacing it anyways, but if I can fix this voicemail issue now that would be great. Anybody know what could be occurring?
sp90378

Re: Phones are not indicating new message arrived

Post by sp90378 »

I don't believe replacing it will help that specific issue, as if anything, it may be database/software related where restoring a backup, or better yet, rebuilding it (using export/import so its pretty quick to do). If its a 6X then replacing the CF card may be all that is needed from a hardware standpoint if its having issues, and I would do the power supply to be safe as well.

I assume this is for everyone's personal voice mail as well? And not something like a general VM box setup and shared with everyone, etc?
leetrans

Post by leetrans »

This issue was related to email quota exceeding 25k emails. I found the message in our system event log. Our admin account had 38k emails. I clicked on reports>users and there is a delete messages option. Now I have to see why it's receiving emails.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

You can bulk delete for all if you go to users as well. If there are emails then that usually means that there is voice mail to email setup somewhere and its bouncing back.