If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Call Ques on software phone

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
aaronmusgrave

Call Ques on software phone

Post by aaronmusgrave »

Hello,
I am using Allworx as my current phone system. We have call ques setup for Tech support calls. I have several remote employees that I would like to join into the tech support Que to assist with support calls. Is there any way to do so with Allworx Interact, Allworx Reach, or other third party software? Remote physical phones is not an option in my case unfortuntaely.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Aaron
sp90378

Re: Call Ques on software phone

Post by sp90378 »

I am sorry, but it will only work with physical phones.

May I ask why its no an option?
aaronmusgrave

Post by aaronmusgrave »

ISP does not offer static IP addresses at the employees home office.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

Allworx phones do not need static IP's to work. Most remote phone users we support here do not have static IP addresses on their remote phone. So as long as the PBX is off of a static IP then you should be fine.
aaronmusgrave

Post by aaronmusgrave »

So how would i configure the phone? How would i prevent rouge SIP attacks in my firewall?
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

Just configure it as a normal remote phone, setting the boot server to the public IP that points to the Allworx, and put in the plug and play key. As long as any generic sip devices on the system have good sip reg passes, and you are on a fairly late/good version, then attacks should not really be an issue. All they do is try to guess a sip ID and password, and if all you have is Allworx phones, then they all have strong passwords, and it changes when phones reboot, etc.

Please keep in mind that reach and interact that point (if/when it supports calling directly, etc) would use SIP as well, so you would have to open the firewall even for that to work.

So if security is that important, then you could deploy a VPN firewall in front on each remote phone and have it route back to the private IP of the Allworx server, so you would not have to open ports to the internet for it. Of course that would be a more secure route, but a more costly route (unless you already have them doing that with a VPN connection through a router/firewall).
savniambekar

Post by savniambekar »

Thanks for this thread. Great information here.