If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Dial-by-name 0=Z and 9=Z

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
aclark

Dial-by-name 0=Z and 9=Z

Post by aclark »

In Allworx's dial-by-name feature, is it intentional behavior for both 0 and 9 to equal Z? I have never seen a touchtone phone where 0 is Z. Is this a bug? Is there some way to turn it off so that dial-by-name works the way users would expect?
sp90378

Re: Dial-by-name 0=Z and 9=Z

Post by sp90378 »

I can't say if its 100% intentional, however this is a good resource:
http://www.dialabc.com/motion/keypads.html

I did not really realize how many standards there was for key tons.

What version are you on? Sometimes they will change those kinds of things later. Also, how do you know it takes 0 as Z? When I test on ours (running 8.4) it does not indicate what is used or not, though we have nobody whose name starts with a Z.
aclark

Post by aclark »

sp90378 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 am I can't say if its 100% intentional, however this is a good resource:
http://www.dialabc.com/motion/keypads.html

I did not really realize how many standards there was for key tons.

What version are you on? Sometimes they will change those kinds of things later. Also, how do you know it takes 0 as Z? When I test on ours (running 8.4) it does not indicate what is used or not, though we have nobody whose name starts with a Z.
Will have to double check the version, but I believe it's been updated in the last couple months.

The reason I know is because we have a single user whose name starts with Z and he was getting a bunch of random calls from people who accessed the dial by name directory not really knowing who they were trying to reach, and then not knowing how to back out of that choice, so they hit 0 thinking it should maybe get them back or get them a human (since so many auto-attendant systems are designed so that 0 is "operator").

It took a while to figure out what was going on and why. What I ended up doing as a workaround is changing the spelling of his name from Zachary to 9achary, and then created a dummy user whose first name is Z and last name is Z. Then I set the call route for that dummy user so that if somebody tries to reach them through the dial-by-name directory that they will be routed to reception.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

Someone should bring that up to Allworx then. As long as I remember, I will on Tuesday when I am on with their tech support manager.

As noted, as a workaround, just create a user with name zaaaaaaa and then set that extension to go back to the main AA and that should work too.
Talymnmaf

Dial by name 0 Z and 9 Z

Post by Talymnmaf »

I mustve done something wrong. I registered and now my screen name is just my name. Use to be ghosthunter and my status is now a button. Use to be 10 pt. What did I do wrong and can it be fixed. I have the same login name and password.