If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Worth upgrading from 8.1.22.15 on 6x?

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
RichardLS

Worth upgrading from 8.1.22.15 on 6x?

Post by RichardLS »

Our boutique law firm has an Allworx 6x that is running 8.1.22.15. I know there are higher versions available, but not sure if it's worth upgrading, considering the cost, time and risk of crashing. Any thoughts? I'm not ever sure what is added in the additional upgrades.
wshrader

Re: Worth upgrading from 8.1.22.15 on 6x?

Post by wshrader »

RichardLS wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:04 am Our boutique law firm has an Allworx 6x that is running 8.1.22.15. I know there are higher versions available, but not sure if it's worth upgrading, considering the cost, time and risk of crashing. Any thoughts? I'm not ever sure what is added in the additional upgrades.
Yes. If you have a Feature Key, upgrade all the way. You do not need a Feature Key to get to v8.2.17.4
Very many bugs have been fixed and new features added. If your 6x is crashing it is more likely a hardware failure than the operating system. The most likely cause of a 6x freezing, "crashing" or becoming inaccessible, or failing to boot is a bad CompactFlash card.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: