If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Upgrade from 7.1.7.5 to 7.5.19.1

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
tjusas

Upgrade from 7.1.7.5 to 7.5.19.1

Post by tjusas »

Hi,
I haven't upgraded my 6x in some time and I wanted to ask about upgrading to 7.5.19.1. I seem to be able to download via the Update link in the 6x management portal but I wanted to see if all I need to do is "activate update"? Does this require a license? Or can I just activate?
scottap

Re: Upgrade from 7.1.7.5 to 7.5.19.1

Post by scottap »

Upgrade one version at a time. I prefer to download them through the Allworx server, that way you ensure you're getting the right version and build. I find that each firmware update takes about 10-15 minutes for the download, install, and reboot. Be 110% sure you have a viable backup, and if the server uses removable media like a CF card, have an extra on hand. I've had many 6x servers brick from firmware updates.