If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

End of Allworx Support ?

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
jsmith

End of Allworx Support ?

Post by jsmith »

I know the parent company has struggled since filing for bankruptcy last year.
I read this on a Windstream message board today. Has anyone else heard the same from their sales teams or others?

I am reaching out to my channel manager ASAP!

https://www.thelayoff.com/t/165kHWis#replies

Anyone?
irishwhiskey

Re: End of Allworx Support ?

Post by irishwhiskey »

YES
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

jsmith wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:29 am I know the parent company has struggled since filing for bankruptcy last year.
I read this on a Windstream message board today. Has anyone else heard the same from their sales teams or others?

I am reaching out to my channel manager ASAP!

https://www.thelayoff.com/t/165kHWis#replies

Anyone?
Your Channel Manager should have called you to break the news. I don't know what the future really holds for it but it all sounds very bad. I stare at Interact and the 9312 on my desk and I can't believe it's all gone. This has taken the passion for the platform out of me. I don't like it. If you stop development and fire all the sales personnel how can it ever grow? I am curious whether Allworx was profitable or it is simply a victiim of the the mismanagement of the parent.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
jsmith

Post by jsmith »

Based on the parent links it sounds like lots of mismanagement
https://www.thelayoff.com/windstream

I have always had good support and having techs and engineers get back to the same day.
Everyone has always been helpful on the phone and if it wasn't their issue they can point me into the direction of where to fix it. carrier, FW admin, IT personnel, etc.
jsmith

Post by jsmith »

Windstream announced today that due to the current economic conditions and their overall business impact, it is significantly scaling back the operations of its Allworx subsidiary. Allworx will continue to be a part of Windstream. The Allworx Research and Development team members will become part of Windstream Engineering. As part of this transition, Allworx Engineers will continue to be in place to support its current line of hardware and software. Development of new features to the current line will not be undertaken.

Allworx Operations will remain in place and continue to receive and ship orders of the current Allworx product lines. We do not anticipate any interruptions in the ability of Allworx to supply the marketplace and its ongoing demands for Allworx products. In addition, Allworx will continue to honor any warranty claims as it has in the past.

The Allworx field sales organization is being downsized. However, Allworx Partners will still have access to the Allworx Inside Sales Team. Also, calls and inquiries into the Allworx Technical Support organization at Allworx headquarters will be handled in the current fashion.

Although the field sales and support resources available to Allworx Partners will be limited in the future, we anticipate that the basics of supplying and supporting the product line will remain in place. We will provide these services from our Rochester headquarters and in conjunction with the support groups at Windstream.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

Allworx Developments:

Allworx recently announced that it has restructured some of its operations in conjunction with its parent company Windstream’s preparation to exit from Chapter 11. As part of that restructuring, the Allworx Research and Development Team will continue to work on the Connect Server and Verge product lines to provide software patch releases and enhancements that can be implemented in the recently-released 8.6 System Software. Allworx has suspended the development of new server and phone hardware products. However, enhancements and releases associated with the Allworx Reach™ mobility product, Allworx Interact™ Professional, and Allworx Interact™ Softphone will continue.

As part of the development process, a patch release to System Software Release 8.6 was released on August 3, 2020. An Allworx Tech Tip was emailed to Partners describing the changes. Additional information is available in the associated release notes on the Partner Portal Support & Training > Documentation page.

Allworx Technical Support remains in place. Resellers seeking support may call 1-866-ALLWORX to open support tickets as they have in the past.

The Allworx Manufacturing and Operations Departments remain in place and the supply of product will not be interrupted. Allworx has ordered components and finished goods months in advance of forecasted needs and has ample inventory to meet current and growth sales projections.

The Allworx Sales Team has been reorganized to include an outside sales and support group in three regions, plus the Inside Sales Team remains as a centralized group at our Rochester headquarters. Within the combined sales teams there are resources to assist in sales training, system configurations, technical certification training, general sales, and customer support. Call 1-866-ALLWORX to reach these team members.
–8/7/2020
Allworx6xCT

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Thanks for this update. Somewhat of an uncertain future and will be keeping an eye on the foreseeable future. Hopefully the Connect doesn't languish while other vendor options flourish.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536