If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Conference Center

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
user_8675309

Conference Center

Post by user_8675309 »

I am running into an issue with an Allworx Connect 731 and conference center. We are on software version 8.4.17.1. The issue is when outside people call in we are limited to only two calls in. Is there a configuration or setting I am missing to allow more calls? Or could this be a limitation of our plan that only allows so many active lines? I don't think it is the latter as the conferences are later in the day when there are far fewer people in the office. Thanks for any insight into this issue!
wshrader

Re: Conference Center

Post by wshrader »

My first idea is that, as you smartly suspect, it could be a limitation of your call paths however with a 731, I assume it's a SIP trunk...or maybe a PRI so that shouldn't be the case. Are you able to receive more than 2 simultaneous inbound calls otherwise? Do you have the Conference Center Feature Key?
Does this happen when no other Conference IDs are in use? Are you able to have more than 2 INTERNAL participants? Have you checked the System Event log? Check both with and without the "debug" filter selected. Are there any relevant messages?

Also, you're talking about x408 Conference Center, right? This should allow you 8 participants. If you're talking about simply a conference call done on the handset, you can only have 3 on a 92xx phone and 4 on a 9312 phone.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
user_8675309

Post by user_8675309 »

Thank you for the reply.

I will be honest that I believe it's a SIP trunk. Yes we are able to receive 2 simultaneous inbound calls. I think we have the ability to have 50 simultaneous calls.

I believe we have the Conference Center Feature Key. On the server web interface under Reports->About Conference Center is under "Enabled Features"

Yes we rarely use the conference center feature, but we are only using one, which is the x408. I will check and see if I can get more than two internal participants on a conference. I have not checked the system log. It looks like the log doesn't go back that far. I just tested with 4 outside users all calling in and did not have an issue. I looked at the log after doing this, but I do not see any items pertaining to the Conference Center.

Also, I was under the impression that the 731 could handle 30 participants. Is this spanned through the 4 conferences?
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

My mistake. The 731 does have a global limit of 30 conference participants.
What happens when the 3rd participant attempts to join a conference?
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
user_8675309

Post by user_8675309 »

I am not sure what they are presented with. I got limited information. I have tried it between myself and family members calling in and did not have an issue. I believe this may be "button actuator issues" :D :D :D