If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Downgrade Allworx

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
justingoldberg

Downgrade Allworx

Post by justingoldberg »

I need to downgrade an Allworx.

Is the only way restoring a backup from another Allworx and then importing the configuration?
mviola

Re: Downgrade Allworx

Post by mviola »

Depending on your version of software, you can do an export and import. You will, however, not have a complete configuration (what is not in the export varies by version) and you will have to sperately ftp the AA prompts and Mailbox prompts. You will lose the messages in the mailbox.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

Thanks. I know they'll usually lose voicemail in the downgrade. I've never tried it, but I wonder if I can go from 7.1.7 to 7.1.6 but do it as an upgrade?
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

After further testing, the forced downgrade (by doing an 'upgrade') works. There may still be corruption caused by the previously installed version, but it works. Note that this is not supported by allworx.

I'd recommend taking a backup from the customer's system and testing the downgrade in your lab machine first.