If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Voicemail for a single extension not working

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
Centroid

Voicemail for a single extension not working

Post by Centroid »

The voicemail on a single extension (115) is not working. It will correctly give you the voicemail record now message (the call routing appears to work as expected) but anything you record is lost to the void. Nothing shows up under Reports for Users under 115 after "leaving a message". Trying to forward a voicemail from a different extension to 115 also results in nothing showing up. You can create a message from 115 and send it out to another extension this works.

I have the exact same template for all extensions (voicemail enabled of course) and voicemail works on every other extension I have tested. If it put the Voicemail of another extension as the last part of the call route of 115 it forwards to that voicemail and records without issues.

Thank you for the help.
wshrader

Re: Voicemail for a single extension not working

Post by wshrader »

What server model and firmware version is this? A voice mail box is not tied to an extension. It is a USER function. One thing you could do is record a greeting for this user to be sure you're reaching THAT mailbox when leaving a message. Without seeing anything else, the only thing I can think of that could cause this behavior is if a Message Alias is configured for the user with 'leave a copy on the server' disabled. In this scenario, the voicemail would be E-mailed by the Allworx then immediately deleted. See if a Message Alias is configured for this user, then check the E-mail queue under Servers>Email (IIRC) to see if it didn't get sent for some reason. Update your server to the newest version possible is always my recommendation. X-series servers may be updated to v8.4 without a license but it must be done manually by downloading the firmware from the Allworx partner portal. This cannot be done by the end user.

Without seeing screenshots and system logs, I can't provide any further speculation.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: