If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

iPhone 8 cannot use Reach License

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
user_8675309

iPhone 8 cannot use Reach License

Post by user_8675309 »

I have purchased an Allworx Reach License. We also have the free license. I have used the free license without issue. The user that will use the new license has an iPhone 8. We got the Reach app downloaded and setup, but I cannot get it to obtain a license. The user is logged in. I have closed the Reach app, rebooted the phone, I am going to reboot the phone server this evening. I also removed my phone from the server. The sever showed two licenses free once I removed my phone. The iPhone 8 still wouldn't grab either of the free licenses. My iPhone 15 grabbed one of the free licenses without rebooting the server or the phone.

Are there limitations on which iPhones can connect to Allworx Reach?
wshrader

Re: iPhone 8 cannot use Reach License

Post by wshrader »

From the Reach Release notes:

Allworx Reach 5.* is the recommended app for all users with Allworx System Software 8.3 or
higher and Apple devices running iOS 12 or higher. To receive calls when the Reach app is running
in the background, the Reach 5.* app requires access to an Allworx server running Allworx System
Software 8.3 or higher.
Allworx Classic Reach is also published on the Apple App Store, but it is only useful under very
limited circumstances: It works with iOS 9, 10, 11, and Allworx System Software 7.5 and higher.
However, under iOS 12 or higher it is no longer able to receive calls while running in the
background, and it will notify the user that they should upgrade to Allworx Reach 5 and Allworx
System Software 8.3 or higher. Note that very few iOS devices even run iOS 11 or lower anymore!

Is the iPhone 8 in compliance with this?
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: