If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
doom1701

What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Post by doom1701 »

We moved our corporate HQ from a 3Com NBX to Allworx. We're actually migrating all sites, but HQ was the only site with a phone system from this century. The NBX had a dialer/caller ID program that wasn't too polished, but it worked. It showed a pop up with caller ID, and let a user either drag a phone number to it's system tray icon, or copy it to the clipboard and choose to dial from clipboard.

I had thought that the Call Assistant would be similar. Call Assistant seems more along the lines of a switchboard application. I have a few users that would like to have on screen caller ID and be able to select a phone number on a web page or a document (the Allworx TAPI driver works great for dialing from Outlook). Before I write off Call Assistant as something we won't use (not much need for a switchboard application in our environment), I figured I'd ask if anyone knew if I'm missing functionality in Call Assistant to do what I need.

If Call Assistant isn't what I need, anyone have any recommendations?
Stephen
Site Admin

Re: What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Post by Stephen »

Not sure if you saw this or not, but this is a video illustrating Call Assistant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7TvheEVho

There is probably a way to use the TAPI license to activate web dialing, but I don't know how. Maybe someone else on here has set that up before.
liftow

Re: What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Post by liftow »

Can you copy and paste numbers into the Call Assistant dialer? I think that's possible...