If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Export Extension List

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
doom1701

Export Extension List

Post by doom1701 »

Curious if anyone has played with the Allworx web interface at all. Looking at the default user page (the extension directory), there is actually an XML export running behind the scenes that is used to generate the extension list. When time permits, I'm going to try to use this for myself, so I can do automated exports of the extension directory for linking into our main Corporate Directory.
justingoldberg

Re: Export Extension List

Post by justingoldberg »

why not just scrape My Allworx on port 80? There are programs that do this already, afaik.
doom1701

Post by doom1701 »

That's an option, although it's a little tricky because the actual web page has a blank extension list. The page makes a SOAP call back to the Allworx and builds the list dynamically. I tried using wget to just save the page information, and it's just the framework--no data.

Being able to get the XML directly would let me hit it with any data mining tool, like SSIS.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

I looked at the http requests once and it looked like jquery or json calls, imho.