If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

CallAssistant won't connect

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
edmone

CallAssistant won't connect

Post by edmone »

I am not able to connect Call Assistant from any remote networks. My phone and computer networks are separate. If I connect a PC to the pone network, I can get CA to connect. I cannot connect from a PC on the PC network using the external IP address. I put a router between my PC and Phone networks and can ping the Allworx server, but CA will not connect with or without the PNP key. If I try to connect internally (through the router between the networks, I get 'Communications Error. Check Server info using Setup button' . If I try to connect over the internet via external IP, the error is ' Could not communicate with phone. Check connections and try again.' My phones are working, so it's not a physical connection issue.

Any ideas?

PS the route in my router(between the two networks) is all ports open for TCP traffic.
wheeler

Re: CallAssistant won't connect

Post by wheeler »

Did you ever get this to work correctly? I am having trouble inside the office. When I try to access it from any PC on the network, it says No Server Found. I can ping to the address, and get to it by putting the IP address in explorer, I just can't get Call Assistant to find it. I am starting to get finger pointing and afraid that I won't get the vendors to work together to fix it. Is there something I have to change to allow Call Assitant to find it? I appreciate any help on it.
doom1701

Re: CallAssistant won't connect

Post by doom1701 »

I've never tried to track down the specifics of it, but Call Assistant winds up connecting to the phone of the signed in user, not just the Allworx server. If you are connected, and you reboot your phone, Call Assistant dies. Based on this, I'd say that if your phone is on a network not accessible to the computer, Call Assistant isn't going to fire up.