If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

7.4 looks fun!

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
doom1701

7.4 looks fun!

Post by doom1701 »

One of my contacts sent me the newly released sales flyer for 7.4. I'm not going to post the link, since I think it might be something that he's not supposed to send out yet, but to touch on the key features being added:

1. New transfer options. One-Step or Two-Step transfer; One-Step allows you to program a PFK to be a direct transfer to a specific extension. Also, a more user friendly transfer to voicemail option has been added.

2. Handset Network Profiles. All I can say is "Thank God!" Handsets can now be programmed to automatically connect to up to 4 different Allworx servers in the event the primary server is unavailable. This will be huge for us, as we are a multi-location company with 3 48X servers at core locations. Being able to fail over to a secondary 48X automatically makes me all tingly.

3. Importable music on hold. No more CD Players hooked to the server.

4. Direct dialing of 911--dial 911 without a leading 9. Big "Eh" from me, since we've had problems with accidental 911 calls on systems in the past.

5. ACD Enhancements...we don't use ACD, so I'm not going to summarize since I'm not entirely familiar with the features.

6. Push-to-talk PFK--Walkie talky one way communication from your phone. Sounds absolutely awful...but I'm not a fan of "someone bursting into my office and talking".

7. Visual On-Call Indicator. The flyer isn't terribly specific, but this sounds like something we've really wanted. If I call Joe and Joe is on the phone, my phone will actually tell me that.

8. Ringtone families. Haven't had a ton of luck with the "ringtones" in 7.3, so I'm curious what this will do.

2, 3, and 7 get me really excited. We'll wait until a service release of some sort, but we'll definitely move.
Stephen
Site Admin

Re: 7.4 looks fun!

Post by Stephen »

Yeah, I'm excited about it.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

It looks great.

The PTT is like a secretary style intercom button.

Here's the flyer: (it's linked to from allworx.com at http://www.allworx.com/allworx_advantag ... eases.aspx )

https://allworxportal.com/documents/sal ... sFlyer.pdf
dano

Post by dano »

When will 7.4 be available?
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

It's available now.
GiddyG

Post by GiddyG »

I am currently on version 7.1 something and it looks like the upgrade to 7.4 is significant. Does anyone know how you get it and how much does it cost?

Thx GG
bnewt

Post by bnewt »

doom1701 wrote:One of my contacts sent me the newly released sales flyer for 7.4. I'm not going to post the link, since I think it might be something that he's not supposed to send out yet, but to touch on the key features being added:

1. New transfer options. One-Step or Two-Step transfer; One-Step allows you to program a PFK to be a direct transfer to a specific extension. Also, a more user friendly transfer to voicemail option has been added.

2. Handset Network Profiles. All I can say is "Thank God!" Handsets can now be programmed to automatically connect to up to 4 different Allworx servers in the event the primary server is unavailable. This will be huge for us, as we are a multi-location company with 3 48X servers at core locations. Being able to fail over to a secondary 48X automatically makes me all tingly.

3. Importable music on hold. No more CD Players hooked to the server.

4. Direct dialing of 911--dial 911 without a leading 9. Big "Eh" from me, since we've had problems with accidental 911 calls on systems in the past.

5. ACD Enhancements...we don't use ACD, so I'm not going to summarize since I'm not entirely familiar with the features.

6. Push-to-talk PFK--Walkie talky one way communication from your phone. Sounds absolutely awful...but I'm not a fan of "someone bursting into my office and talking".

7. Visual On-Call Indicator. The flyer isn't terribly specific, but this sounds like something we've really wanted. If I call Joe and Joe is on the phone, my phone will actually tell me that.8. Ringtone families. Haven't had a ton of luck with the "ringtones" in 7.3, so I'm curious what this will do.

2, 3, and 7 get me really excited. We'll wait until a service release of some sort, but we'll definitely move.
Does anyone know if the "visual on call" display is as the poster described?
bnewt

Post by bnewt »

What I have found from my vendor is that it just lights up the phone in use........it does not tell any other user that another extension is in use..........maybe that feature will come in a later update