If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Mobile Link Not Connecting

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
JustAnotherUser

Mobile Link Not Connecting

Post by JustAnotherUser »

I am unable to get my iAllworx on iOS device to connect to the 6x

I have an 6x with the latest version of the software (7.4.9.5) and the Feature Keys show that i do have the MobileLink option.
I am using the latest version of the iAllworx software (1.0.7.3)

The 6x is in LAN host mode, nothing connected to the WAN port. The device can acceess the internet to get updates, ping, send voicemail messages via email, etc so OUTBOUND access is working fine.

I have opened ports 8081, 25 and 143 on the firewall and they NAT from the external IP address of the Firwall to the 6x.
I am able to verify the ports are open and can access the 6x using www.yougetsignal.com to test the external IP address is routing to each port.

I have verified the username and password are correct. From inside the network, I Open a webpage of the 6x and login with the username and password.

The iAllworx tries to connect but fails and displays "Could not connect to yoru allworx server"

This is my first experience with the Mobile Link software.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
JustAnotherUser

Re: Mobile Link Not Connecting

Post by JustAnotherUser »

Problem Solved...but more potential problems...

As soon as turned off Wi-Fi on the iOS device and used the Verizon network, iAllworx worked perfectly!
The AT&T Uverse & DSL Internet service blocks port 25 by default. Apparently other internet providers block port 25 as well.
This could be a continuous problem going forward when connecting to various WiFi networks automatically.
Oh Well!
jim6935

Re: Mobile Link Not Connecting

Post by jim6935 »

The Allworx can be configured to use any port for mobile link. Also - if the Allworx is in LAN Host mode you can do a port translation through your router to take any port you want from the outside to TCP 25 inside.

IE...
You configure Mobile Link to use port 2525.
On you router you would configure a NAT rule to take any traffic coming in on TCP 2525 and send it to the Allworx local IP address on TCP 25.