If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx Reach

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
liftow

Allworx Reach

Post by liftow »

Update our 48x to v7.5.3.2
Installed Reach on iPhone 5 v6.1.3
Remotely from home on WiFi, I can connect without a problem if I am not registering a Handset. VM access and Presence changing works. No more iAllworx required I guess.
If I setup a handset (have tried both ways - reserving and making eligible) it doesn't fully register.
The Status goes through the following (first two are quick):
- Connecting
- Configuring
- Registering
Stays on Registering for a period of time, then quickly goes through the above 3 again.

The 48x shows the iPhone handset, but still shows (pending initial registration)

I have tried over cellular data with same results.

Requested TCP 5060 get opened up and network group said it was done but I am having them double check.

Have not tried on WiFi LAN in the office yet where there will be no ports blocked. Will report back what happens on Monday.

Anyone else having trouble with Reach remotely?
Didn't see anything in the standard System Events, and Reach is not reporting any specific error.
liftow

Re: Allworx Reach

Post by liftow »

Sometimes it's a pain having managed firewalls with no visibility to actual settings...
Reach worked on the LAN without a problem.
Asked the network group to send me the list of ports that were opened so I could trouble-shoot with Allworx. TCP 5060 wasn't on the list - which I had already asked them to double-check! Now that the port is opened Reach is registering and working from WAN side.
Now to test it out a little more thoroughly.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Let us know how you like it.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Using Reach v1.0.3.6 on iPhone 5 v6.1.3 with 48x v7.5.3.2

So far so good. I was hesitant in how the voice quality would be over a cellular connection, but have been impressed so far.
I have had conversations without quality problems in the following scenarios:
- WiFi on same LAN as 48x
- WiFi at remote office with MPLS back to 48x
- WiFi at home over cable based internet
- LTE cellular while driving
- 3G cellular while driving

Some initial quirks that I have noticed:
- If iPhone is locked answering the phone isn't straight-forward. Need to enter unlock password.
- Regular iPhone incoming phone calls using the Phone app take up the whole screen. Reach only displays a banner or badge notification icon.
- Bluetooth controls in car don't seem to work (to ring the car speaker and end a call at least). I was luckily stopped at a red light when I received a call and noticed the small banner pop-up over my GPS app stating that I had an incoming call. The phone may have been ringing but I didn't hear it over the radio. I couldn't answer with my steering wheel BT controls - had to use iPhone screen. BT audio then worked for the conversation.
- At first I thought there was no Speaker Phone function. Read the user guide a bit closer and found how to change it. Not that intuitive, and the button seems small to get into the second Audio Device menu. Would be better if the volume function and Audio Devices came up in a single screen with the first button press.
- The dialpad and call button are smaller in comparison to the Phone app. Why not make a similar size. I've mistakenly hit the Contacts button right below Call/End a few times.
- Call History on the main phone screen is fine, but there is a dedicated Calls tab that has all the same info. Don't be shy is covering up all the call history on the main screen with the dialpad/functions as per above.

Some of these items may be limitations of the iPhone platform - not sure.

If Reach can mimic the Phone applications ease of use as much as possible I could see this being used as the primary phone for plenty of users. Time to re-contract our cell phones for no cellular minutes and lots of data!
My next test will be just that. I'm going to forward my cell phone to my Allworx DID and force all calls through Reach.
lgryder

Post by lgryder »

Do you know how to change the sip port that reach uses? You can change it for reg handset in handset template group, but it says it does not apply to reach app. I am using port 5070 on my router since 5060 wont work with my sonic wall. Have a reg remote phone working fine with 5070.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Good question re Reach SIP port. I'm using default 5060.
What happens when you change the setting from 5060 to 5070 in the Reach app under My Server?
lgryder

Post by lgryder »

I found out that for generic sip and reach you are unable to change the sip port. (I think that should be addressed and cahnged). I found i only had port 5060 tcp fwd you need udp also and my iphone reach registered and is working great.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Reach v1.0.4.11 was released yesterday. Release notes below.

What's New in Version 1.0.4

User interface enhancements.
Stability improvements.
Bug fix:
- Increase speed of dialing and contact matching, if contact list is very large.
- Use external dialing rules when deciding whether to prepend ‘1’ when dialing contact numbers.
- Fix duplicate contacts.
- Eliminate one case of notification with ringtone while the app’s Do Not Disturb setting is active.
- Update calibrated device-specific audio gain settings.
alytle

Post by alytle »

Has anyone had issue where when you make a call, it says "no audio" for the 'network quality' during a call. I've tried wifi and 4G cellular with same results. Randomly, it will say fair or good and work just fine. More times than none, it will say "no audio" and the program is useless. I've tried it on my 30/15 internet connection at home sitting next to router (100% signal) and also tried with full bars of Verizon 4G.

Ideas? Here are the ports I have open on the firewall at office where the 6x is located (20/5 internet connection with no traffic during tests).

UDP, 15000-15511
UDP, 5060
UDP, 2088
TCP, 5060
TCP, 8081

Thanks,
Andy
liftow

Post by liftow »

Andy - haven't had that problem myself.
Sounds like the RTP streams which use UDP 15000-15511 might be getting screwed up?

What happens if you connect to WiFi at the office on the same network as the 6x with it's internal IP address configured in Reach? If there are no problems with that then it is most likely your firewall config.

Do you have a static public IP address?
Do you have it entered in the 6x Network Configuration?

SIP ALG disabled on firewall? It seems to be hit or miss on the brand model on where this type of setting is located/named.
I recall having some problems with audio on Remote Phones, and disabling this on our Juniper SSG fixed the problem.