If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx Reach

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
alytle

Re: Allworx Reach

Post by alytle »

Hello!

I will try on local LAN tomorrow. I tried here at my house and over 4G it won't work ever. Over my wifi it is about 50/50. Makes no sense as my connection is 30/15 here. I use a Cisco RV042G at the office and when googling that model and ALG I found a couple posts that said ALG is automatic on that router and cannot be disabled. Not sure if accurate. I updated firmware to latest last night and same issue.

I have a static IP public at office and I have put it in the nework config on the Allworx under "public IP" and rebooted it. Read where that it uses that to translate UDP ports back and fourth from router.

Any other info you have, let me know. Thanks for reply!

Andy
Last edited by alytle on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
alytle

Post by alytle »

Hello!

I will try on local LAN tomorrow. I tried here at my house and over 4G it won't work ever. Over my wifi it is about 50/50. Makes no sense as my connection is 30/15 here. I use a Cisco RV042G at the office and when googling that model and ALG I found a couple posts that said ALG is automatic on that router and cannot be disabled. Not sure if accurate. I updated firmware to latest last night and same issue.

I have a static IP public at office and I have put it in the nework config on the Allworx under "public IP" and rebooted it. Read where that it uses that to translate UDP ports back and fourth from router.

Any other info you have, let me know. Thanks for reply!

Andy
Last edited by alytle on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
alytle

Post by alytle »

I just found SIP ALG on the RV042G in a hidden page. It is disabled. I verified I had my external public IP in the network public ip section of the allworx. rebooted device.

I just sat here and made about 20 test phone calls on 4G and Wifi (both very good strong signals at house) and about 25% of my phone calls made a connection with "fair" network quality. 1 or 2 calls total made a "good". All the rest made "no audio". Not sure what is up!!
Beaumon

Post by Beaumon »

Strange thing is I allow any port of any kind to my lan IP and i get no audio 100% of the time. I VPN in on my phone, works 100% of the time.
alytle

Post by alytle »

7.5.10.4 is available. Has a one fix that mentions "reach" in it. Maybe good to upgrade and try. I downloaded Reach on my android with it's new release and it is seeming to work more than before!
Beaumon

Post by Beaumon »

So I got it to work. I had to put the server in LAN mode and open 1 port that showed up in the list after it was set to LAN mode. Interesting. Works great.

My server is on the LAN only and 1:1 NAT with public IP through our main firewall. I also added the external IP in the settings. Working Great!!