If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Call assistant not recording calls

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
synergyshane

Call assistant not recording calls

Post by synergyshane »

I have a phone with call assistant which is not recording phone calls. The file is created but there isn't any audio record so the file is deleted immediately. I initially allowed the ports from 16834-32767 to be open through the firewall. Then I disabled the firewall completely. I also switched ports within the switch. I checked to make sure call assistance was checked as well. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Shane
BrianH

Re: Call assistant not recording calls

Post by BrianH »

We are having the same exact issue with recording calls. Which system do you have? We have the Allworx 48x.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Not a feature I have tried before, but just checked and works for me.
48x v7.5.5.5
CA v2.5.8.1
Call Recording Options in CA are the default with PCM selected.
Computer CA is running on is connected to same LAN as 48x, so no firewall tweaking required.
I'll test with my remote phone at home some time and see if there are any problems.
Sam7103

Post by Sam7103 »

I am experiencing the same issue. The call appears to be recording until I end the call at which point the "recording" disappears.

Has anyone resolved this?
iamd3r3k

Post by iamd3r3k »

I recently ran into this problem as well, and was unable to fix it. The machine had been infected with a variant of the ZeroAccess rootkit (may or may not be related, as other machines on the same network had this same rootkit and did not experience this problem), but we were able to remove the rootkit and restore the Windows Updates and Windows Firewall settings back to normal. I ran chkdsk, System File Checker, RKill, MalwareBytes, ComboFix, TDSSKiller, and several other malware-related utilities, and eventually got all scans coming back clean. Still, the call recording problem was not corrected. I also tried running the Call Assistant under a different user account as well as connecting it to a different phone (different Allworx login), but the problem was tied to the PC, not a Windows or Allworx user account. In the end, we reinstalled Windows 7 and all third-party software, and it seems to be working fine now.

If anyone does find a resolution (besides reinstalling Windows), please update this thread for those like me that stumble across it in hopes of a resolution.
Burnside88

Post by Burnside88 »

My client is having the exact same issue. Just recently started happening. I tried a repair-install , a complete uninstall and reinstall, and pointing to different folders for the recordings to drop.

CallAssistant 2.4.7

I am currently on Hold with Allworx on this issue, I will post my solution.
iamd3r3k

Post by iamd3r3k »

We've had it happen on 3 different machines at the same client. It was within a 30 day span, so I assume it was some malware/rootkit that busted it. These were all Windows 7 machines, and we reinstalled Windows without formatting (so we ended up with a Windows.old folder), and reinstalled the programs. Whatever caused the problem didn't come back, but it's certainly bugged me that I still don't know what caused it or what the quick fix would have been. I hope your luck is better than mine!
seandonnelly

Post by seandonnelly »

Not to hijack this thread, but I am new to Allworx and I am having the same issues. Any resolution to call recording not working as expected? I too can see the file get created, but as soon as recording is stopped it disappears. I've checked the app event logs in Windows and no errors detailing any issues with Call Assistant?
iamd3r3k

Post by iamd3r3k »

We've not run into since December. The 3 machines that were affected were all formatted and had Windows reinstalled. We were working with a local Allworx partner to troubleshoot the issue, but they were not very helpful. I imagine it is only a matter of time before we see it happen again, so if anyone finds a better fix than reinstall Windows, I'm all ears :)
SDG

Post by SDG »

Ran into this issue. We have recorded calls being stored on a network drive in the form of \\server\folder. By mapping the network drive as (drive letter)Z:\ instead of the network path corrected this issue.