If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

block 11 codes (* star equivialant)

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
acald

block 11 codes (* star equivialant)

Post by acald »

I have a client whose telephone provider has rotary dial codes still active on their lines. (And they refuse to turn them off) Rotary codes are the equivilant of * codes (i.e. *70=turn off call waiting) but instead you dial 11 (i.e. 1170=also turn off call waiting)

One of the codes, 1185, cancels caller ID on the lines and when a user misdials an extra 1 (e.g 9-11-859-xxx-nnnn" instead of 9-1-859-xxx-nnnn" ) it turns off the caller ID for all of their SIP trunks.

I looked through the dial plan and cannot figure out how to capture a 11 dial code so it doesn't go out. Any ideas?

Now that I am reading that you can dial 911 directly in 7.4, I wonder if that will catch it automatically and we'll have a bunch of false calls.

Currently using 7.3 and the NANPA plan.
liftow

Re: block 11 codes (* star equivialant)

Post by liftow »

It would be sending the call out to area code 185 by the looks of it. Could you add that area code to the Dial Plan and setup a Service Group with no providers in it?
I'm running 7.5 - not sure if the settings are different in that area in 7.3...

Yes, by default in 7.4 those calls would go out to 911.
acald

Post by acald »

I though of that but it expects a prefix with it so I would have to put in technically every prefix (185-900 through 185-999) in order to catch all of them all. I'm willing to do that but I'm debating if the dila plan table will hold all of that (over 100) and there certainly has to be a simpiler way (wildcard maybe) to filter dialed numbers.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Isn't the problem only when 1185 is dialed? So only area code 185 would need to be entered with that exception.
There should already be the catch all "all others" setup that handles everything else.
acald

Post by acald »

Well I feel like an idiot. I didn't think I could leave the exchange portion blank. Now I just send it to a nonexistent trunk group and we're all set.

Thanks
war6000

Post by war6000 »

is it possible for someone here to post the steps for people that are new to this PBX System