If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Change username?

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
dranet

Change username?

Post by dranet »

Is there a way to change the username on a User? I'm looking at Business > Users in the Allworx web software, then on Modify, and it has a way of changing the user's full name but not the username. That's static (no edit field). Is there somewhere else in the system where I can change it? A user got married.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I'm pretty new at this.

Thanks!
Tracy
ibgadmin

Re: Change username?

Post by ibgadmin »

Tracy,

I do not believe there is. If there is I have not seen one. I would recommend removing and re-adding the user.

-Tyler
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

We haven't been able to find a way, so we started making the username something based off the extension. Now it doesn't have to be changed with new employees.
bnewt

Post by bnewt »

that seems to be the better way of setting up a system. there doesn't seem to be anyway to change the name except to delete the extension/handset & set it up again