If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Voicemail Sent to Email but Not On Phone

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
Mike72677

Voicemail Sent to Email but Not On Phone

Post by Mike72677 »

I'm new to Allworx and just recently setup my voicemail to go to my email. That's working fine. However, I no longer get the emails on my phone. Is there a way to get the voice mail on your phone and in your email? Thanks!
hekati

Re: Voicemail Sent to Email but Not On Phone

Post by hekati »

I know it's controlled in Business -> Message Aliases. When we installed our system last year we had to list their username to have a message left on the phone, and an email address to have a recording sent to their email. We updated software 2 weeks ago, and the new interface shows a column "Keep copy on server" with enabled or disabled. The accounts we previously setup to now have their voicemail on the phone show "Disabled" for "keep copy on server."

Thus, my suspicion is that your message alias needs to have "keep copy on server" enabled in order to get a voicemail on your phone too.
bnewt

Post by bnewt »

I think there is also a setting in the extension or handset grouping that allows voicemail & emails

not sure what it is but my system works the way the OP wants
ScottC

Post by ScottC »

I'm having the same problem. System is Allworx 6x, Software version 7.2.12.2.
Both (voicemail to email and to phone) were working but email was seeing delays of hours or days. I got email working (removed the delayed delivery) by changing the domain name to something that has an actual MX record but now voicemail is not showing up on-phone. I suspect in fixing the email problem I made a change which broke that but I can't for the life of me figure out what that might be.
I verified that both email AND username are in the Business - Message Aliases list, I also tried adding username@allworx.com as opposed to simply the username. Note that allworx.com is the domain name I used to fix the voicemail to email problem.
It appears that the version I'm running is older so I don't have all the newer options like "keep a copy on server" and I'm not interested in updating the version I'm running at this time.
There are no options on the Extension or Handset pages relating to voicemail on phone vs email.

I suspect the problem lies in the Message Aliases entry but I'm not sure what to put there other than the username. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
lgryder

Post by lgryder »

You must have the login name of the extension in the alias to receive voicemail on the phone. It is case sensitive. Copy and past the name from the users page in parenthesis and paste in alias. Add in any email address also on second line to send to an external email. Also make sure voicemail is enabled on each user on the users page. That's the only thing to it.