If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Randomly lose audio with Reach on Iphone

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
PA2991

Randomly lose audio with Reach on Iphone

Post by PA2991 »

Hi,

New Allworx user here and love the system so far with one issue. Three of us in the office here are using Iphones with the Reach app. It will work fine sometimes and the next time the phone will show you have picked up the call but there is no audio. Occasionally one side can hear but not the other. We are operating on Wifi with a excellent signal. Sometimes going offline and back on will solve the problem however sometimes it will correct itself without doing anything. The installer seems to think it is a Iphone issue.

Any help appreciated.
Allworx6xCT

Re: Randomly lose audio with Reach on Iphone

Post by Allworx6xCT »

We are also fairly new allworx users and have started using reach on a several iphones and android smartphones. While I haven't experienced any issues of total audio loss, I have found that a solid LTE signal is very important, otherwise clips, etc will make a conversation difficult, and it's best not be driving. Your issue is a little different because you say you have excellent wifi signal. What type of wifi signal are you on? You may want to run a wifi analyzer to check for packet loss & bandwidth, because the wifi signal indicator on smartphones isn't 100% accurate, especially if there is interference occurring. Plus, as you get further from the access point, signal strength may look strong but bandwidth will significantly decrease.

To rule out the wifi, i would test the reach app just on cellular data. Hopefully you have a strong LTE signal.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536