If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Using Allworx with Private SIP trunks

General installation and configuration help.
mprachar

Using Allworx with Private SIP trunks

Post by mprachar »

Our new Internet provider is also our ITSP. They have delivered our Internet on an ethernet handoff with 13 Public IPs and our SIP trunks on a seperate ethernet handoff with a 10.X.X.X address. I have the WAN port connected to the SIP handoff and the 6x configured as a standard router. The LAN is on our internal LAN which is served by a SonicWall TZ190. It is a 192.168.2.X network.

I have everything working, but this configuration has left me with at least three problems:

1. Since the 6x has no connection to the internet, I have not been able to get our remote users working. I have 1-to-1 NAT of a public IP the the 6x server address, but I dont think the 6x will accept remote phones on the LAN side.

2. I have no way to add additional SIP proxies over the internet.

3. The 6x cannot download anything (files, etc.) from the internet.

Is anybody smart enough with IP routing to help me with a solution?

Thanks,
Mike
symmetricgroup

Re: Using Allworx with Private SIP trunks

Post by symmetricgroup »

Any Luck with This?
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

See if they'll give the handoff a public rather than a 10.x.x.x.

Barring that, put the allworx wan onto a static 10.x.x.x to get sip trunks. Forward one of the public's to the Allworx' wan ip.

I'm a newbie, so that's only a hypothesis!

This makes me wonder, is it possible to mirror an ip address? forward all traffic on one of the publics onto the 10.x.x.x subnet?
itcoresys

Post by itcoresys »

This is the same issue as internal phones on a different subnet than the Allworx server.

If the SIP trunks come from a proxy on an internally routable private address, then the subnet needs to have a static route in the Allworx server.

Static routes in the Allworx is how it determines that either Allworx phones or SIP Proxies or SIP gateways on different internal private subnets need NAT help or not.
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

I'm curious what provider gave out 10.x.x.x addresses with no route to the internet? This seems like this is a way to restrict traffic to SIP, and keep prices low on their end (and hopefully on your end). Is internet access an extra charge?