If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx Phone configuration help please!

General installation and configuration help.
Demi645

Allworx Phone configuration help please!

Post by Demi645 »

I will detail the issue as clearly as I can. We have multiple Allworx phones setup in the office, Model: Allworx 6x, Software Version: 7.6.10.5

issue 1
-When someone inside the office calls another person inside the office using the Allworx phone, the person receiving the call will only see the number and extension but not a Caller ID like "Billy Mays 210", for example. right now it is just "123-456-7891 900XX", The XX being the extension. How do I change this in the admin web portal?

issue 2
-On the Allworx phone LCD, you can look through the directory of all the people listed when you press the down arrow on the keypad. The directory lists the person's name plus their extension like so:

Billy Mays
etc....

how do I HIDE the extension number ONLY and I want to do it for one or two people, leaving the number showing for everyone else.

Any help with this would be great since the company that set up these phones for us is very small and are not always available when we need them.

-Thanks, Demi645
thedude

Re: Allworx Phone configuration help please!

Post by thedude »

issue 1
-When someone inside the office calls another person inside the office using the Allworx phone, the person receiving the call will only see the number and extension but not a Caller ID like "Billy Mays 210", for example. right now it is just "123-456-7891 900XX", The XX being the extension. How do I change this in the admin web portal?
Goto "Phone System / Extensions". The extension list should have names with url underline and a short name in parens. If so, click the underlined link and fix the Name fields. If there is no underlined line then the phones have been setup as userless handsets and you will have to goto "Phone System / Handsets" and click on the "Modify" on the right side of the handset listing and fill in the "Internal Caller ID Name" field. You can also check the "Handset Pref Group" under the handset listing and see if a custom one has been created that has caller id turned off.

You should have a copy of the administration manual. If not request one from your vendor or email allworx directly for one.
issue 2
-On the Allworx phone LCD, you can look through the directory of all the people listed when you press the down arrow on the keypad. The directory lists the person's name plus their extension like so:

Billy Mays
etc....

how do I HIDE the extension number ONLY and I want to do it for one or two people, leaving the number showing for everyone else.
Unfortunately there is no way I am aware of to do this even in the most current version of software.
8188MM

Post by 8188MM »

There has to be a way to accomplish this. So many threads and no one knows?
Coolie11

Post by Coolie11 »

Couldn't you just assign a different internal caller id number to the handset.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

There is no way to do this even on the newest version v8.5.6.1

IMHO this is one of the reasons Allwrox is not very good choice for phones in a public area.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: