If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Does Hot-Desk not work with Call Assistant?

General installation and configuration help.
orionmanufacturing

Does Hot-Desk not work with Call Assistant?

Post by orionmanufacturing »

So I have a desk where two people work on alternating shifts. I had them sharing the same Allworx user up until now, but I decided to try splitting them up so they each have their own user and login and they each use Hot-Desk Login to take control of the phone. Since this is the only desk and phone that they use, neither has a permanently assigned phone.

If they try to login to Call Assistant before Hot-Desk Login, CA throws an error that the phone can't be found. Well, that makes sense.

But after they perform Hot-Desk Login, CA throws a different error that it can't communicate with the phone. OK, that doesn't make sense. The error changed, so that means CA recognized that there is a phone assigned to the relevant user, but for someone reason it can't communicate? Hmph.

Note that the computer with CA and the relevant handset, are both on the same physical network, and the same subnet.
orionmanufacturing

Re: Does Hot-Desk not work with Call Assistant?

Post by orionmanufacturing »

I want you all to know that I am wrong and this post is stupid.

Came in the next day and everything was working fine. Either the phone reset, or the allworx box reset, or the computer reset, or people logged in and out, but something fixed itself.