If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

X-Lite or Bria (Counterpath) and Allworx

General installation and configuration help.
nschafer

X-Lite or Bria (Counterpath) and Allworx

Post by nschafer »

I have recently been trying to get X-Lite and Bria softphones from Counterpath working with our Allworx phone system. I originally found an article here: http://www.bestdealaw.com/kb_results.asp?ID=29 that got me working, but I found out after a while that people at our remote offices could not hear me. Allow me to digress slightly and mention my network layout. We have four sites, two of which have Allworx 48x phone systems. The other two sites phones are connected to the phone system at our main office. All offices are connected via MPLS so there is no public Internet traffic involved in the communications.

Back to the problem with the remote offices; Allworx support suggested I put a STUN server in the Topology section of the Account Settings. This resolved the problem for the remote sites, but then a new problem came up. When I received a call, there was no audio. I could make calls, but not receive them. After much time working with Allworx to resolve this problem and looking around for help, I found the following post on this site: http://allworxforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 084e0#p697

At first blush it looked like everything in there mirrored the first article I had used, but I finally noticed that this article said to put the Allworx Wan IP in the domain Proxy Address setting. After doing this, everything started working fine. I still needed to have a STUN server setup to be able to handle calls to my remote sites, but having the STUN server setting in place no longer prevented me from receiving calls.

I hope someone else finds this helpful.