If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

In desperate need of help

General installation and configuration help.
Cdreger

In desperate need of help

Post by Cdreger »

Hi guys,

Unfortunately allworx support isn't open on weekends and I'm currently at an unhappy client with a major problem. Their current 48x server just happened to do something weird yesterday and after having them reboot it. We cannot access the web portal. I've connected to the LAN port on the server and still when I enter the IP address, it just constantly loads and loads without ever providing error. I'm able to boot into safe mode and access the server there. I did a factory default but kept user settings as there is no backup of this server. (This install was done prior to me starting this position. After factory defaulting I am able to access web portal for maybe a few minutes then it is unresponsive again. I will mention I am able to ping the address for the server but just cannot access the web portal.

Please help!! :(
wackarnold

Re: In desperate need of help

Post by wackarnold »

God Bless
Cdreger

Re: In desperate need of help

Post by Cdreger »

So just an update on this situation. Hopefully it'll help someone in the future... if you are working on a server and you notice the Allworx Admin Portal becomes unresponsive and the Hard Drive activity light is a constant blinking green with no pauses then to fix this issue you must first:

1. Boot server into Safe Mode.
2. Mount the disk.
3. Insert a USB stick and click Convert disk to external USB (You will need at least a 2GB usb flash drive)
4. Reboot into normal mode.

You should then be able to access your admin portal now.
Hope this'll help someone in the future in case this rare event happens to someone else.