If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Remote Phone FAQ

General installation and configuration help.
justingoldberg

Remote Phone FAQ

Post by justingoldberg »

I may sticky this post, since it's something possibly not mentioned here before.

Allworx support has stated that you only need to forward the SIP messaging port (5060/udp default), and the remote (AllWorx!) phone will work; NAT handles the audio/signaling ports; then if you have no audio or can't register or make calls, then forward all of the ports to the remote phone at the remote firewall.

If a remote location has multiple remote (AllWorx) phones, use different sip port profiles for each handset, eg: handset 1: 5060, handset 2: 5061.
chipb43

Re: Remote Phone FAQ

Post by chipb43 »

Hey Justin, Can you clarify a few things? If I currently have on the Allworx server side a separate firewall forwarding ports UDP/5060 this will work fine for any single remote phone trying to connect. If I have multiple remote phones behind a single remote firewall I would create example handset 2 group using port 5061. On the Allworx server side firewall I need to forward 5061 to the Allworx server correct?
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

Chip, correct, for a single remote phone, you'll only need to NAT forward udp/506x.

For the Allworx server side, I believe that you only need to forwarding 5060 regardless of the remote phones port.
scottst

Post by scottst »

Justin, have you heard anything about what to do when NAT is disabled on the Allworx server? Switched from copper to fiber and the service provider requires that the NAT be disabled on the Allworx server so that their equipment can handle it. The phone server is connected to a separate firewall forwarding the specified ports designated on the Allworx server (1723/TCP, 2088/UDP, 5060/UDP, 5060/TCP, 8081/TCP, 15000-15511/UDP). The remote phones, one at two different locations, are able to be called and will ring as well as vice versa however when the phone is answered there is dead silence on both ends. Any ideas?
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

There is a another port range for remote media. I do not remember where this is documented but it does not show under the Network Configuration (in NAT/Firewall mode) even with v8.5.

16384-16393 UDP
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
scottst

Post by scottst »

wshrader wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:36 am There is a another port range for remote media. I do not remember where this is documented but it does not show under the Network Configuration (in NAT/Firewall mode) even with v8.5.

16384-16393 UDP
wshrader, that range has been included as well and still did not work, thanks for the input. I saw it on the following site: https://www.tcecompany.com/how-to-add-a-remote-phone-to-an-allworx-system.html