If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Block Caller ID

General installation and configuration help.
Bartoc

Block Caller ID

Post by Bartoc »

I work for a SIP Trunking company, and here is my question.

The customer wants to be able to hide their caller ID to show (anonymous, etc) but we can't have that information within the FROM header or the PAI/RPID because the PSTN can't guarantee the gateway they hand off to will deliver the call or drop it.

Most of all the PBXs that work with us, support putting in a Privacy ID within the PAI/RPID header to resolve situations like this.

Does the Allworx Support Privacy ID within the PAI Header, if not then the Voice Vendor will have to put in an Adtran to do the fix up or replace the PBX all together.
Bartoc

Re: Block Caller ID

Post by Bartoc »

So from the lack of any responses, I'm assuming that the Allworx PBX can't support Privacy ID within the PAI Header - so it requires another system (ex - Adtran) to do that specific type of change.
tetcom

Post by tetcom »

You could try checking the boxes within the SIP proxy settings, "Use External Caller ID Name from handset (if specified)" and "Use External Caller ID Number from handset (if specified)" , then in each handset you could put a few characters in the "External Caller ID Name" and number fields. It should pass that on to the SIP provider, only question becomes what will the terminating carrier do with that info, they may override it or pass it.
MisterSain

Post by MisterSain »

Resurrecting an old post...I was looking and had to come up with my own solution.

Modify the outside dialing rules to prepend *67.

I also created a rule so if they dial 981nnnnnnnnnn, it strips off the 8 and dials normally, exposing their Caller-ID if they wish to.

Number Dialed Output Dial String
9 nnnnnnn *671406nnnnnnn
9 1nnnnnnnnnn *671nnnnnnnnnn
9 81nnnnnnnnnn 1nnnnnnnnnn