If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

New User - Check Number Error

General installation and configuration help.
BroadcastXperts

New User - Check Number Error

Post by BroadcastXperts »

Hey everyone,

I have a handful of phones that aren't able to dial out. They give a "Check Number" error and then an error tone (repeating quick beeps).

Any thoughts as to how to resolve this? I appreciate any and all direction.
perrij3

Re: New User - Check Number Error

Post by perrij3 »

I just wanted to answer this with what solved my issue, just in case anyone else is searching for an answer. What I had to do was enabled (checked) the Can Place Calls and Can Receive Calls options within the Call Appearance Feature section of the Handset -> Modify page.
wshrader

Re: New User - Check Number Error

Post by wshrader »

What you are hearing is known as a "quick busy" and along with the error on screen indicates also that you have dialed incorrectly. Check the Dial Plan and make sure the Dialing Privileges Group to which these handsets belong are allowed to dial out via valid services. As always, update your Allworx to the latest version. v8.2.17.4 is free without a Feature Key.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: