If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Invalid extension and Directory unavailable

General installation and configuration help.
timachu1

Invalid extension and Directory unavailable

Post by timachu1 »

I have an allworx 48x system and 9212L phones. I have created several users and set up several phones both remote and local. I have one user account/phone that is giving me a lot of trouble. I create a new user with an available, never used, extension. I assign it to a phone and set up the call routes. I added the user to a call que. When I boot up the phone, the user's name and extension shows up. I can call the phone from my phone by extension. If I try to access the phonebook the phone gives me an error that says Directory unavailable. If I try to log the user into a que, I get the error "Invalid extension". I've tried deleting and setting up the user/phone from scratch several times. I used a different extension each time. Every time I have the same problem. I've been able to set up other phones since then that work with no issue. What could cause the phone book and que logon not to work? If I use the phone with the Allworx Call Assistant, the call assistant will not let me log in.
SumGuyInMN

Re: Invalid extension and Directory unavailable

Post by SumGuyInMN »

Problem is most likely due to the phone having a newer version of software than the server. Phone will need to be downgraded to 0.0.0.1, then upgraded to the software that is in the server. This procedure will need to be done with Allworx support, unless you have the details.