If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Remotely Change On-Call Extension

General installation and configuration help.
trippb

Remotely Change On-Call Extension

Post by trippb »

I have a customer who is looking for a new phone system. They are a locksmith with multiple techs. They would like the on-call tech to be able to take phone calls via their cell phones. The Reach app would be perfect for this.

Where I'm a little lost on the configuration is changing the on-call extension. When someone is no longer available to be on-call, they want it sent to voicemail. If the on-call person changes over the weekend, they want to be able to change the phone system. So, is there a way to alter the routing remotely? Possibly using presences? I was even wondering about installing both Reach and the old Mobile Link. Mobile Link could be attached to a generic on-call user and the app could change the presence. That presence could change the routing.

Other thoughts?
Kkwok

Re: Remotely Change On-Call Extension

Post by Kkwok »

Yes it’s correct. I rolled out allworx system 2 days ago. I told dispatch ensure presence mode and map to correct on call person.
wshrader

Re: Remotely Change On-Call Extension

Post by wshrader »

trippb wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 am I have a customer who is looking for a new phone system. They are a locksmith with multiple techs. They would like the on-call tech to be able to take phone calls via their cell phones. The Reach app would be perfect for this.

Where I'm a little lost on the configuration is changing the on-call extension. When someone is no longer available to be on-call, they want it sent to voicemail. If the on-call person changes over the weekend, they want to be able to change the phone system. So, is there a way to alter the routing remotely? Possibly using presences? I was even wondering about installing both Reach and the old Mobile Link. Mobile Link could be attached to a generic on-call user and the app could change the presence. That presence could change the routing.

Other thoughts?
Using Presences is a popular way to implement changeable on-call routing. Reach is one way to change Presences. The only problem with using Reach is that mobile device used for this purpose cannot be used with more than one user in Reach. Another method to change a Presence, though not nearly as easy as using Reach, is through the Message Center. If any of their phone numbers routes to an Auto Attendant, the Message Center can be accessed that way. If they have an available phone number, it could be dedicated to Message Center access. I can think of yet another but far more complex method but it's not worth explaining right now.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: