If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Connect 536 WAN Route Multi-Site

General installation and configuration help.
eddieb

Connect 536 WAN Route Multi-Site

Post by eddieb »

Hi,

How do we set up the system in such a way that will allow us to use the internet on the LAN port (eth0), but simultaneously use the WAN port (eth1) for all the phone calls?

See here is the issue:
eth0 (WAN) -- Dedicated T1 for phone calls
eth1 (LAN) -- Dedicated Internet connection that has Ia VPN site-to-site to another location

eth0 is set up with the correct gateway/route given by the SIP company in order to allow the phones on eth1 to make calls. However, eth0 has no internet connectivity, it's strictly for SIP only.

eth1 though, being the local network and where all the phones sit, has internet connection.

If i change the default route gateway on Allworx to be the IP address of the LAN, then the allworx can access the network (do updates, establish multi-site and so forth), but then it can't make phone calls. Once I change the default route gateway back to SIP provider, then no more internet access, but can make phone calls.

So my question really is ... How can I set up the allworx to allow for phone calls to be routed properly through eth0 (wan), but route everything else through eth1.

Sorry if this is confusing......
Thanks!!
Eddie

Running Allworx Connect 536 on software 8.2
eddieb

Re: Connect 536 WAN Route Multi-Site

Post by eddieb »

Hi all .. I figured it out.

If you have a dedicated SIP ONLY WAN link on your allworx ... all you need to do is set a static route for the ip scheme with your local gateway.

Good luck

Eddie