If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

grandstream ATA HT-502

General installation and configuration help.
larry

grandstream ATA HT-502

Post by larry »

Hi all
I'm new to Allworx and I am trying to connect a grand stream ATA HT 502. I have made a generic SIP Extn and have config the grand stream to what I believe to be the correct settings. It just won't register to the Allworx system. I was wondering if anyone has programed one up. Thanks
ylwdogsc

Re: grandstream ATA HT-502

Post by ylwdogsc »

I just provisioned a HT801 (same thing, only 1 port vs. 2.) I found that I had to setup the Allworx Generic SIP Handset first, and then the GrandStream. The only items changed in the factory config for the Grandstream were:
  • Advanced Settings > 802.1Q/VLAN Tag set to the correct VLAN
  • FXS Port > Primary and Failover SIP (IP of your Allworx)
  • FXS Port > SIP Transport = UDP
  • FXS Port > NAT Transversal > Keep Alive
  • FXS Port > SIP User ID, Auth ID, Password as entered in SIP Registration in Allworx
  • FXS Port > SIP Options Keep Alive Inteval = 1800
  • FXS Port > Local SIP Port = 5060 (unless default changed in Allworx)
I initially tried to configure the GS and then Allworx and it would not register. Did a factory reset on the GS and registered right away after doing minimal config.
sp90378

Re: grandstream ATA HT-502

Post by sp90378 »

The issue I see most people make is they may create say 1 generic sip device and try to get one working at a time. Thats fine, but the issue I see is that people will have both ports open (or all 32 on the bigger models) and then configure only 1 or 2, but because the rest are turned on and set to the right profile, they try to register anyways and then the Allworx will block the Grandstreams IP for a little bit. At that point you need to either turn off those ports until its not being blocked, or reboot the Allworx to clear it. That could potentially explain why ylwdogsc said it worked after defaulting the Grandstream, because if it was blocked, then the time it would take to do that and reconfigure it could be enough for the Allworx to no longer be blocking its IP.