If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx Reach Help

General installation and configuration help.
sp90378

Re: Allworx Reach Help

Post by sp90378 »

radthomas wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:15 pm
sp90378 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pmIn Reach, that is correct. You would want to put in the WAN. That is the easy way to tell how it gets out to the internet as well. Does the Allworx have a WAN IP in its network config? Is it a private IP or a public IP? And then what is the default gateway under network config as well, as with that info you can then tell if it is going through your firewall to get out to the internet.
The Allworx does have a WAN IP in its network config. The WAN is showing as a Public IP. The default gateway is 255.255.255.0/24. (One thing I just noticed is that the WAN is marked as DHCP. Should I change to static and assign the Allworx LAN IP? We do also have the issue of sharing that WAN IP with our server's external access as well. So maybe that will not work, and could be some of our issue here.)

I had figured out a way to access the admin website (adding :5060 on the end of the WAN) by having our firebox firewall policies point to the LAN IP of the phone system admin access (with :8080 appended as usual). However, I could not get the Reach app to connect until I deleted the :8080 off the LAN IP the Firebox directed the WAN:5060 for the Admin website. By deleting the :8080 I can now connect on the Reach, but not the Admin website.

I have no idea what settings will allow us access with the Reach/handsets, Allworx admin site and our server. Thanks so much for your help!
Ideally to have no issues, it would be best to connect the Allworx WAN directly to the cable modem / ISP and assign the Allworx WAN a static IP using what the ISP says to use as the gateway. If you have no static IP's then you would really want to buy a block of static IP's. You can do it via DNS but by sounds of it, it would be a simpler setup to manage by doing static IP's.
radthomas

Post by radthomas »

Thank you! We originally setup the Allworx in 2007 direct to the modem, but that left us open to lots of attacks (which is when we installed the WatchGuard). Maybe the Allworx box is better now at filtering and blocking traffic, but it was a nightmare originally.

I'll look into the block of static IPs. That may be the easiest. That will be in my next round of research for items way above my pay grade. It is good to have the terminology at least, and I'll see what I can figure out from there. Thanks, again!
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

radthomas wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:48 pm Thank you! We originally setup the Allworx in 2007 direct to the modem, but that left us open to lots of attacks (which is when we installed the WatchGuard). Maybe the Allworx box is better now at filtering and blocking traffic, but it was a nightmare originally.

I'll look into the block of static IPs. That may be the easiest. That will be in my next round of research for items way above my pay grade. It is good to have the terminology at least, and I'll see what I can figure out from there. Thanks, again!
At a time certain SIP attacks would cause them to lock up but if you are on late/new software then it should be a non issue. That is how we install 90%+ of our systems and we have thousands of systems out there.

Again though, it could go through your watch guard but I would still recommend using the WAN port and then create a static private IP and have your Watchguard have an interface on it for that as well, and then forward the proper traffic to it on that IP. Then set the external IP field in the Allworx to the public IP that sends traffic to it through the firewall.