If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Registration error with Generic SIP device

General installation and configuration help.
WarnerComm

Registration error with Generic SIP device

Post by WarnerComm »

Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum. As I have very little SIP background this forum has been a great resource for me.

I am a medium sized communications company that specializes in 2-way radio communications and system level solutions. We are working with a new technology that pairs a radio repeater to a SIP server giving end users the capability of dialing extensions and/or outside lines from a hand held radio. Let me re-iterate that I do not have a lot of background with SIP technology so I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with a problem I have encountered or at least give me some insight on how SIP works.

Let me start with a little background, I have an Allworx Connect 536 with an IP address of 192.168.11.1/24. Connected to the same switch is my radio repeater with an IP address of 192.168.11.201/24. I also have a PC running wireshark mirroring the switch port that the repeater is connected to. This way I can see all traffic exchange between the Allworx and repeater.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of how this is supposed to work is to setup a Generic SIP handset in the Allworx and record the Login ID and Password. I then input that info into the repeater and somehow the device should magically register to the Allworx as a handset.

Allworx 536

Radio Repeater

The problem I have is it seems that it's not registering with the Allworx. When I monitor Wireshark I see there is some sort of Binding issue, I don't know what that means.

Any help would be appreciated, if someone could at least tell me what the problem is and translate my results from wireshark, I'd be able to at least narrow down what the problem is. Thanks in advance.
sp90378

Re: Registration error with Generic SIP device

Post by sp90378 »

I see you are registering to the ID 5158. I would recommend changing the Login ID on the Allworx and your device to all be *5158 to be safe. You may need to reboot the Allworx afterwords or disconnect your device for a couple hours because if the Allworx has blocked its IP for security, it wont come unblocked for a period of time with no new registration attempts from that IP, or a reboot to clear it.
WarnerComm

Post by WarnerComm »

sp90378 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:47 pm I see you are registering to the ID 5158. I would recommend changing the Login ID on the Allworx and your device to all be *5158 to be safe. You may need to reboot the Allworx afterwords or disconnect your device for a couple hours because if the Allworx has blocked its IP for security, it wont come unblocked for a period of time with no new registration attempts from that IP, or a reboot to clear it.
Thanks for the response! It's a great idea but unfortunately I am unable to type special characters into the "Phone Gateway ID" field. Only a-z,0-9
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

WarnerComm wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:03 am
sp90378 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:47 pm I see you are registering to the ID 5158. I would recommend changing the Login ID on the Allworx and your device to all be *5158 to be safe. You may need to reboot the Allworx afterwords or disconnect your device for a couple hours because if the Allworx has blocked its IP for security, it wont come unblocked for a period of time with no new registration attempts from that IP, or a reboot to clear it.
Thanks for the response! It's a great idea but unfortunately I am unable to type special characters into the "Phone Gateway ID" field. Only a-z,0-9
I think this is not going to work then as many SIP devices have field for both SIP ID and username and there is no way to get rid of the * in the generated ID's except to reconfigure the Allworx dial plan to not be in extension mode which is what inserts the * in the ID's.