If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

6x Stopped Working

General installation and configuration help.
Coolie11

6x Stopped Working

Post by Coolie11 »

Hi all.
I have a 6x that stopped working a couple days ago, the system can only be reached when booted in SafeMode, I tried formatting the flash card (even with a new card) and restoring from the most recent backup which was successful, but the system still won't boot up in normal mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RESOLVED:
Replaced the power adapter and everything is good.
kellenw

Re: 6x Stopped Working

Post by kellenw »

Sorry I missed this until now. Yes, the power supply is almost always the primary culprit for boot issues, system hangs and so forth. Sometimes it is a corrupted CF card, but that occurs much less often. It's a really good idea to keep a spare power supply (upgrade to a 1.5 amp one from the standard 1 amp too if you can... a little extra available power is a good thing and doesn't hurt the Allworx box). I keep a spare CF card around too, just in case. These two things are cheap insurance and worth having on the shelf for emergencies. I had to replace a power supply and a CF card on a 6x just yesterday in fact. Easy breezy when you've got the spare parts sitting on the shelf. :)