If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Backups

General installation and configuration help.
MASTERBrian

Backups

Post by MASTERBrian »

The company that used to offer our tech support is no longer in business, one of the individuals I do still work with, but I don't think he's was the expert on these systems, so I'm trying to do a few things on my own.

First regarding backups. I went in and tried to backup, but it looks like it's looking for a specific computer, which I'm not sure actually exists any longer. It does seem that we have a card in the card reader, so maybe that is where it goes? Any idea? Is there a way to backup to my current laptop?

Second, I was trying to do a firmware check as we've been getting hit with some attacks lately, I'll start a thread on that next. When I try to upgrade online, it won't let me. I've glanced through the Allworx website as well looking for a possible firmware update, but am not seeing one. When I reboot the server should I tell it to update the phones?

Server is Model Allworx 6x
Software Version is 7.5.7.4, Jul 21 2013
sp90378

Re: Backups

Post by sp90378 »

As far as backups goes, you have to backup to their software, called Office Safe. You can only get it from an Allworx partner/certified tech, but the software is free.

For the updates, go to feature keys and see if its licensed for software updates. As long as the box can make it to the internet, then it should be able to download an update, however if it has no license, or it's expired, then it will not show any available updates.
MASTERBrian

Post by MASTERBrian »

I looked in the feature keys and our upgrade license is active until Sep 13 2018. Does that mean I should be able to update the software?

As for the backup, I'll see if I can find it, maybe I have or can get a copy of it. I saw where it said something about Office Safe, but didn't know what that referred to exactly.

Thanks
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

Having the license does indeed mean you can download/update the software as long as its active. When it runs out then you can still upgrade, but only in the main revision, meaning you can go from say 8.1.3 to 8.1.20 but not to 8.2.10.
tech.time

Post by tech.time »

I would also suggest getting connected with another reseller ASAP as well and establish a relationship with someone. I went through something similar and I had a heck of a time finding resellers who deeply knew the system. You don't want to wait until something bad happens to establish a connection.
kellenw

Post by kellenw »

We simply install Office Safe on a computer/server that is always on at the office and run a scheduled backup in the background. Some versions of Office Safe are better than others. I've always had the best luck with 8.0.5.29.